rules for walking alpacas
1. Adult supervision is essential for children under 16 years of age & accompanying adults are responsible for ensuring childrens’ safety.
2. All adults and children in each group must remain calm and behave in a relaxed and polite manner with the alpacas at all times. Do not run around the alpaca or shout/agitate the animal.
3. Children and adults are not to walk directly behind the alpaca as alpacas can kick out if they feel under threat.
4. Do not run with the alpacas or pull on their halter excessively.
5. Do not let toddlers or young children be in control of the alpacas. Ask for a second lead rope if your young child wants to be involved.
6. Keep to the grassed areas and do not walk the alpacas across the driveway, car park or close to the creek.
7. If you have trouble getting your alpaca to move along, ask one of our staff for help and we will assist you. Do not yank on the lead.
8. Anyone acting in an unsafe manner or distressing any animal will have their alpaca experience terminated early without refund.